2017 Atlantic Scholarship
The 2017 Atlantic college scholarship program is available to members who are graduating high school. This scholarship program offers seniors the chance to be awarded one $7,500 scholarship, one $2,500 scholarship, one $1,000 scholarship or one of eight $500 scholarships.
To be considered for the scholarship awards, all applicants must fill-out and submit an application form, write a 350-400 word essay pertaining to a selected question and provide a resume and letter of reference. All submitted applications and documents will be reviewed by the Atlantic Scholarship Committee.
To apply, members may download the above application and rules document or obtain them at any Atlantic branch in Brunswick, Topsham, Freeport or Cumberland. Applications and rules will also be available in the Guidance Department at Brunswick High School, Mt. Ararat High School, Freeport High School and Greely High School. All applications must be received or postmarked no later than April 2, 2017.
2016 Amable & Vivian Caron Scholarship
The Amable A. and Vivian Caron Scholarship program is from October 17, 2016 to December 2, 2016 and is open to Atlantic Federal Credit Union members, who are primary members of an active Share Draft (checking) account, and enrolled for a spring 2017, accredited, undergraduate or graduate program at a chosen college/vocational school, minimum 6 credit hours, per semester. Students must maintain a 2.0 GPA for the spring 2017 semester and then be registered for fall 2017 classes at an accredited, undergraduate or graduate program at a chosen college/vocational school, minimum 6 credit hours, per semester.
Atlantic would like to congratulate the following students for being selected to receive the 2016-2017 Amable & Vivian Caron Scholarship awards. Each student will receive a $500 award to assist with their secondary education.
- Lee Brown
- Molly Lane
- Anna Mallika Brown
- Tyler LeClair
- Joseph Coulombe
Young & Free Maine
Find out how to make the most of your money. Jake Holmes, Young & Free Maine Spokester, is here to help Maine residents between the ages of 18 and 25 better understand banking and money. Get money smart with videos and blogs covering a variety of financial topics, from budgeting basics to understanding inflation. Discover what Young & Free Maine has to offer.
Whether you’re considering college, starting your freshmen year, or ready to join the business world, we hope you will find the following resources useful.
- Choose to Save® – Find helpful tips to set money aside for your future
- CollegeNet® – A comprehensive guide to the nation's colleges and universities
- Federal Student Aid – Access resources on preparing for college, applying for aid, and more
- FinAid! – The SmartStudent™ Guide to Financial Aid
- IRS – Learn how to file your tax return, get your refund status, and more
- MoneyMangement.org – online resources to help you handle money comfortably and confidently
- MyMoney.gov - Five key topics for managing and growing your money
- Peterson's – Your go-to guide for college information, from test prep strategies to preparing student loans