Health Savings Account (HSA)
Keep Healthcare Costs Covered with Competitive Dividends, Tax Benefits*, and More
Recovering from illness or injury is tough enough without worrying about the cost of care. Ensure a smoother road to recovery with a dedicated source of flexible funds.
Our health savings account does more than provide a secure, convenient place to set money aside. Competitive dividends and tax advantages* build your balance — relieving the sting of costly medical bills. Funds roll over year after year, so you can enjoy good health, guilt-free. Open your HSA today.
- Greater personal control over healthcare management and expenses
- Prepare for qualified medical expenses
- Earn dividends above standard savings on entire balance
- Receive higher rates on larger deposits
- An HSA provides triple tax savings:
- Tax deductions when you contribute to your account
- Tax-free earnings through investment
- Tax-free withdrawals for qualified medical, dental, vision expenses, and more*
- Contributions are tax-free and can be made by you, your employer, or a third party
- Funds can be withdrawn at any time**
- No monthly service fee
- No minimum balance requirements
- Unused funds remain in account year after year; no "use it or lose it" policy
- Keep your HSA in your name, regardless of career or life changes
- Federally insured by FDIC
- $50 minimum deposit to open
Contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org for more information, specific plan details, and limitations, or call (207) 725-8728.
Electronic mail is not secure, and confidential or personal information should not be communicated in this manner.
*Consult a tax advisor.
**You can withdraw funds at any time for any purpose. However, if funds are withdrawn for reasons other than qualified medical expenses, the amount withdrawn will be included as taxable income, and is subject to a 10% penalty.
(1) Must be covered by a qualified high-deductible health plan as defined by IRS. (2) Cannot be enrolled in Medicare. (3) Cannot be claimed as a dependent on someone else's federal income tax return. To confirm your HSA eligibility, check with your employer, healthcare provider, or tax professional.
- Contribution & Out-of-Pocket Details
The annual contribution deadline is April 15th of the following year and contributions may be carried over from year to year.
Check with a tax professional regarding tax deductibility. Deductible amounts are determined by law and are subject to change annually.
*Catch-up contributions can be made any time during the year in which the HSA participant turns 55. If a spouse is also 55 years or older, a second HSA account must be established and a second contribution of $1,000 could be made to that account.
**Unlike other limits, the HSA catch-up contribution amount is not indexed; any increase would require statutory change.