The Atlantic Federal Credit Union Foundation is focused on providing funds to nonprofit organizations that strengthen, support, and promote the common good in the communities served by Atlantic Federal Credit Union.
From September 15, 2021 to November 9, 2021 the Atlantic Federal Credit Union Foundation accepted proposals for a $10,000 grant to support projects or programs that promote, teach, and enhance Financial Skills and Literacy. The financial education should fit the needs of youths, young adults, seniors, new Mainers or others who want to take charge of their financial situation and move forward with the skills to maintain a better financial balance.
Atlantic Federal Credit Union Foundation is now reviewing submissions. Applicants will be notified of grant decision by December 15, 2021.
Grants will be limited to organizations serving within one or all the following counties:
Grants may be made for general operating support, and specific projects.
The Foundation will support only organizations qualified as tax-exempt, (i.e., 501(c)(3) organizations), under the regulations of the United States Internal Revenue Service.
Under this specific application the Atlantic Federal Credit Union Foundation will not make grants for:
- Purposes that are strictly religious in nature
- Specific events, such as seminars, conferences, etc.
- Organizations working in other countries, states, or regions
- Individuals seeking scholarships to a university, college, or technical program
- Capital campaigns
- Retroactive funding
- Fundraising events
- Direct services not linked to financial education
- Organizations that discriminate based on race, age, gender, gender identity, ability level, or sexual orientation
- Agencies of state or federal government, unless they are part of a community collaborative that includes eligible organizations
- Individuals seeking personal assistance
- Mailed Proposals, all must be submitted electronically