The Atlantic Federal Credit Union Foundation is focused on providing funds to nonprofit organizations that strengthen, support, and promote the common good in the communities served by Atlantic Federal Credit Union.
In September 2021, the Foundation awarded its first $10,000 grant to ProsperityME. This grant was to support projects or programs that promote, teach, and enhance Financial Skills and Literacy.
While we are not currently accepting applications for grants, if you have a need for your organization, please tell us about it.
Previous Grant Guidelines
Grants will be limited to organizations serving within one or all the following counties:
Grants may be made for general operating support, and specific projects.
The Foundation will support only organizations qualified as tax-exempt, (i.e., 501(c)(3) organizations), under the regulations of the United States Internal Revenue Service.
Under this specific application the Atlantic Federal Credit Union Foundation will not make grants for:
- Purposes that are strictly religious in nature
- Specific events, such as seminars, conferences, etc.
- Organizations working in other countries, states, or regions
- Individuals seeking scholarships to a university, college, or technical program
- Capital campaigns
- Retroactive funding
- Fundraising events
- Direct services not linked to financial education
- Organizations that discriminate based on race, age, gender, gender identity, ability level, or sexual orientation
- Agencies of state or federal government, unless they are part of a community collaborative that includes eligible organizations
- Individuals seeking personal assistance
- Mailed Proposals, all must be submitted electronically