Benefits of Membership
Atlantic is no ordinary bank. We’re a credit union. We’re founded on the democratic premise of the cooperative movement, the idea that friends, neighbors, and community members do better when they work together. We believe hard-working, fun-loving people — people like us — deserve access to low-cost financial services. 641,000 Maine members and nearly 100 million Americans who trust their credit unions to provide these services agree. Study after study has revealed that, on average, credit unions provide the best financial offerings with fewer fees, lower rates on loans, and higher rates on savings.
Who Can Join?
Atlantic Federal Credit Union is open to all of Androscoggin, Cumberland, Sagadahoc and York counties as follows:
- People who live, work, worship or attend school in Androscoggin, Cumberland, Sagadahoc or York County in Maine.
- People who are related to someone that is an existing member of Atlantic Federal Credit Union.
- Businesses, Organizations or Associations that reside or serve the communities of Androscoggin, Cumberland, Sagadahoc or York County in Maine.
How to Join?
Our friendly service representatives are available to help you open an Atlantic account at any of our branch locations. There are just a few things you’ll need to do:
- You must meet our eligibility requirements
- Provide a current, valid picture identification or driver's license
- Provide your social security number
- Purchase a share for $25, which will be deposited into your new personal savings or business savings account
Once a Member, Always a Member
Once a person joins the credit union, they may remain a member for life, even if their relationship to a qualifying community or organization changes.
Important Information for Opening a New Account
To help the government fight the funding of terrorism and money laundering activities, Federal law requires all financial institutions to obtain, verify, and record information that identifies each person who opens an account. What does this mean for you? When you open an account, we will ask for your name, address, date of birth, and other information that will allow us to identify you. We may also ask to see your driver's license or other identifying documents.
For more information, feel free to contact us by phone or email.1 A member service representative will be in touch, sending you everything you need to open your new Atlantic account.
1Electronic mail is not secure, and confidential or personal information should not be communicated in this manner.
Here’s what you’ll need to open your account:
- Your Photo ID (Driver's License, State ID, Passport, Military ID or Alien Registration Card)
- Your Social Security Number
- $25.00 to fund your new Savings Account via Credit Card, Debit Card, transfer from another Financial Institution or transfer from an existing Atlantic account
If you get stuck at any point, then give us a call during regular business hours, 800-834-0432.
How would you like to open your account?