How much does this service cost?
Mobile banking is a free service offered to our online banking members. However, there may be charges associated with text messaging and data usage on your phone. Check with your wireless phone carrier for more information.
Is it secure?
Yes, mobile banking utilizes best practices from online banking, such as HTTPS, 128-bit SSL encryption, PIN or password access, and application timeout when your phone is not in use. Only the phones that you personally enroll in the service can access your accounts. In addition, no account data is ever stored on your phone.
I'm not enrolled for online banking. Can I still use this?
You must first enable your bank account(s) for online banking before using mobile banking.
How do I do Mobile Deposit?
- Once logged in to mobile banking, select “Mobile Deposit"
- Checks submitted through Mobile Deposit are required to be endorsed as follows: "For Mobile Deposit to AFCU"
- Select the account into which you would like to deposit
- Enter the check amount
- Follow the prompts to take a picture of the front and back of your check
- Verify that everything on the screen is correct and hit "Submit"
- You should receive a confirmation message and the transaction should appear in your account history within 15 minutes
- Please retain your successfully deposited checks for 10 days and then securely destroy them
- The maximum daily mobile deposit is $5,000
How do I know what's the right mobile banking option for me?
With two options to choose from, mobile banking gives you the flexibility to manage your finances in a way that fits your lifestyle.
- App: If you prefer an optimized mobile banking experience and have a smartphone (iPhone™, Droid™, BlackBerry™ or Windows™), you may want to download the Atlantic mobile app.
- SMS Text: If you prefer the convenience of text messaging, our text banking solution will allow you to access accounts and transfer funds in just seconds.
Can I use both text banking and mobile banking on my phone?
Yes, you can use both options from the same phone. To do so you will need to activate each option on your phone prior to use.
What is mobile banking?
Mobile banking gives you access to your accounts from your mobile web browser or a downloadable mobile banking application, depending on your preference and your phone capabilities. Both options allow you to: view account balances, search recent account activity, transfer funds and find the nearest ATM or branch locations.
How do I install the downloadable application?
Depending on how you have connected to the Atlantic Federal Credit Union website and the type of phone you have, there are different ways to download the mobile banking application. Below are the most common methods:
- Apple iPhone: You may search for the Atlantic Federal Credit Union Mobile app in the iTunes Store and download the app directly using that service at no charge.
- Android: You may search for the Atlantic Federal Credit Union Mobile app in the Google Play Store and download the app directly using that service at no charge.
- After launching the application for the first time, you may be asked to reenter your credentials along with an activation code to access the mobile platform.
SMS text banking only. I enrolled my phone number but did not receive a text message. What should I do?
Typically you should receive a text message within a few minutes after enrolling, however sometimes mobile carriers experience delays which slow down text message delivery. While waiting, make sure you phone has wireless signal. In addition, be sure you entered the correct phone number on the enrollment site. If you still do not receive it, contact your wireless carrier to be sure text messaging is enabled on your phone.
What happens if I get a new phone or change phone numbers?
If you get a new phone or change phone numbers, be sure to return to Mobile Banking and update your phone number under Text Banking.
What if my device is lost or stolen?
If your phone is lost or stolen, contact your mobile service provider immediately to stop all wireless service. In addition, contact us to block access to Mobile Banking until you are able to update your username and/or password.